Monday, October 30, 2006

She's gotten a little TOO comfortable.

Yep, still pregnant. She was due 6 days ago, but she's decided she really likes it in there. She's made herself right at home. I guess the pregnancy was a little too perfect; now she doesn't want to leave!
I'm going to the doctor's office today for an ultrasound. They need to check how she's holding up in there. If they see something they don't like (such as low amniotic fluid, irratic heart rate, slow fetal movements, etc), I'll mosey on over across the street to the hospital where they'll induce my labor. So I could have her today!
If everything looks good, they're still going to induce labor, but they'll start it slowly on Tuesday evening. I'll check in, and they'll start dialation without the use of any kind of medicine. Then, Wednesday morning, they'll start me on Pitocin, which will help with starting some serious contractions. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be here by Wednesday night the latest.
Halloween would still be a pretty cool birth date. Maybe she'll still decide to come on her own. Wish me luck. I'll update once she's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...