Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Daycare

Ellie started daycare yesterday. Can you say "Mommy is an emotional basket case?"
That was me yesterday. I cried when I had to leave her. I cried at work. I cried when I had to leave her again after visiting on my lunch break. I cried when Harry called me after he had picked her up for the day. I cried when I got home and vowed she would never return there again. I would quit my job and take care of her myself. We would be dirt poor, but at least I would be with her.
Then a couple hours later, some semblance of rational thought entered my brain, and I realized I really hadn't given it a fair chance. So before I did anything rash, I said I'd give it one more chance.
So today things were much better. I was much better. Ellie was much better. There were no tears on my part today, and hardly any on hers, as well. We both felt better about this whole daycare thing. So much so that we're ready to try it yet again tomorrow.
8:07 PM - 1 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...