Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm still alive, just slightly blind

Ellie accidentally poked me in the eye on Sunday and majorly scratched my cornea. After a doctor's visit filled with liquid anesthesia, yellow dye, and nasty antibiotic salve, the doc said it should heal itself within 24-48 hours. I spend the rest of the day and Monday morning in bed with my eyes closed. The pain was excruciating; at one point, I turned to Harry and said, "The contractions were easier." Yes, that bad.

My eyes are extremely sensitive. It's part of the reason I can't wear contacts. I can feel them in my eye, and it bothers me. So this scratch was my version of Hell; it felt like I had an eyelash stuck in my eye for 24 hours. Imagine that and then understand my pain.

At the 24 hour mark, it miraculously started to feel better. Go doc! I went back in so they could check it again, and I was told it was 75% healed.

This morning, it's much better; I can see to drive, and I'm here at work. Everything's still a little fuzzy due to the crappy antibiotic salve and my droopy eyelid and puffy undereye, but I can deal. And the light sensitivity is gone, too. That was a bitch, as well.

I think I should get some safety glasses to wear around Ellie from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...