Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Contrary to popular belief...

I was not killed in a car crash last week.

A woman, with my same name, that also lives in Connecticut, died in automobile accident last Thursday.

I got a frantic message on my cell phone from a co-worker Thursday evening around 10:30pm, asking me to call him back as soon as I got it because he had heard that Alicia _____, driving a Honda Civic, was killed.

I called him back and assured him I was alive and kicking. He had gotten so worried he had called another co-worker, who immediately jumped on the internet to see if he could find any more details.

The two of them found an article stating the woman was 42 years old, and, therefore, not me.

The next day at work, a few other people had also heard about this unfortunate woman's fate.

It gave me chills to hear that this woman had died. It's not everyday your name is splashed all over the papers, and radio news, and TV news, as well. And to hear that you had died? Well, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...