Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Inner Child is Coffee

I wished I had penned that line, but, alas, I have to give Andy Stochansky the credit for those words of wit and wisdom. The line wasn't actually even penned; it was part of the banter between Stochansky and Ani Difranco during one of her concerts when he was playing drums for her.

My inner child is coffee. It really is. My whole life is coffee.

When I first started drinking coffee, my dad would load it up with sugar and milk for me. I was probably about 5. It was light and sweet and oh-so-good, just like me.

In high school, I discovered iced coffee. So, even though it was still light and sweet, there was now a bit of frostiness added to it. Yep, that was me during high school.

I drank iced coffee for years after that, but as time wore on, and I became more comfortable in my own skin, I added warm coffee to my diet (heh heh). And a lot of it. I guess I was trying to fill myself up with what I had been missing all those years.

And now I'm here, drinking my morning coffee, which is warm and lightened with a little cream. No need for the sugar; I no longer need that high.

Did that analogy suck or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...