Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Feeling Inspired - Top 10 Animated Movies

I don't think I could make a top 10 movie list, but Steve's idea for a top 10 animated movie list is right up my alley. So here are my choices in no particular order:

1. The Last Unicorn - I grew up watching this movie. I love everything about it: the story, the characters, the voices, and, of course, the unicorn. It is still one of my all-time favorite movies, and book, for that matter.

2. An American Tail - "I'm coming, Papa!" Brings a tear to my eye every time.

3. The Lion King - I didn't see this movie until my senior year in high school when Art brought it in for us to watch during theatre class. We sat and looked for all the technical theatre aspects of the film (triangles, lighting, etc), and I fell in love with the film while studying it. I mean, a cartoon loosely based on Hamlet; what's not to love?

4. A Charlie Brown Christmas - I love Peanuts. And Linus's little speech in this movie always moves me.

5. The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings - I'll group these two together. I hang my head in shame because I actually didn't see these two films until I bought them for Harry on our first Valentine's Day. What kind of a Sci-fi/Fantasy geek am I?

6. Finding Nemo - I like the turtles. And Dory. And the story.

7. The Nightmare Before Christmas - Claymation. Danny Elfman. Tim Burton. 'Nuff said.

8. Heavy Metal - I just like it. And I'm a CHICK.

9. The Secret of NIMH - Good as a kid; even better as an adult.

10. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - Dude, it's Batman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...