Monday, April 18, 2011

The weekend starts here

Friday night started with our weekly cheese night and ended for Miss Ellie with a little stargazing before bed. This was the first time she looked through a telescope, and she loved it.

Look at that face! So serious and interested in what she's seeing!

Saturday morning was Ellie's second dance class, and it went extremely well. She got to try out her new tappy shoes, and the girl is hooked. I got greeted with a great big smile at pickup. Yeah, she likes it.

After dance, we headed out to an Easter egg hunt at our local community center. It was crazy cold (34* with the windchill), but we braved it so Miss Ellie could search and find those little plastic eggs filled with delicious chocolate. We saw a lot of kids (read PARENTS) break the 10-eggs-only rule, and Ellie only ended up with 4 because we wanted to let HER find her eggs. Everyone was told that if kids ended up with more than 10, they were supposed to give them to the kids that didn't have 10. Yeah, like that was gonna happen. Regardless, Ellie was more than happy with her 4 and free cookie. We went home for lunch, and she had her bounty for dessert. All but the peppermint patties. Girl does not like mint!



Later that afternoon, my sister and her husband and youngest daughter came down for a visit. We stopped by my dad's for a bit, and then the adults went out to dinner. We had an excellent time together. I'm so very happy that my sister and I have this newer, stronger relationship. It's good. It's right. That's all I'll say on it.

We came back to the house for carrot cake and coffee (everyone, you MUST try the carrot cake recipe... it's delish!), and made plans for Easter next weekend up at her house. Then they'll be down again 2 weekends after that to help celebrate my birthday! This is the first time my sister and I are doing something like this, as in she'll be hanging out with me and my friends for an evening of food and drinks. I think it's gonna be a lot of fun. She even moved/changed her schedule so she could make it. It makes me smile.

Sunday was a "home day" as Ellie likes to call them. Ellie and Harry went to visit with his mom for a bit in the morning, while I started in on some yardwork. When they got home, I stopped to make lunch for us all, then we all went back outside for more yardwork. It was so beautiful and sunny yesterday, we couldn't help but be out there enjoying it.

It was quite a weekend. I loved every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...