Friday, August 19, 2005

I am in an exceptionally good mood today!

Look-- exclamation points and everything! I woke up this morning feeling like a million bucks. I have no idea why. Maybe it's better not to question but just to enjoy.

I've been taking walks on my break at work this week. It's so beautiful outside, and I'm sick of being cooped up in the office all day. I think it's done me good.

I also just finished my first round of infertility meds yesterday. We'll see where this goes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

We're going camping this weekend. I've already got the tent and air mattress out of storage, and Harry went and bought a new axe yesterday. The Home Depot = Harry's Candy Shop. He comes home with an axe AND an axe sharpener. I look at this useless piece of plastic that costs $9 and quickly ask, "Can't you just use a rock?" to which he, at first, replies, "No, this sharpener is made especially for this axe," and then changed his mind when he took a closer look at this "sharpener", realizing it's just a piece of crap and stated, "Yeah, I guess I can. I think I'm gonna return this." Yep, I thought so.

This will be my 3rd camping trip. Growing up, I was never one to "rough it" and camp out, even in the back yard. I hated getting dirty as a child (minus my feet on the black tar as I ran around barefoot all summer long). Sanitized nature was my motto.

And now, well, I STILL don't like to get dirty, but I do love being outdoors so much. I love the feel of the sun, the scent of the flowers and pines, the quiet of the woods, the aroma of a burning campfire. It makes me feel so at ease. And I don't mind a little work either. I like helping to pitch the tent and build up the fire.

I decided I wanted to go camping right after we got back from Maine. Being in the woods this passed weekend made me realized how much I missed it. I was at work on Tuesday, and I suddenly realized that camping season was almost over. We'd been talking about camping since this spring, but something always came up to prevent us from going. Since we had a free weekend this weekend, I thought "Why not?"

Given Harry likes to go camping for 3-4 day stretches, but we just don't have the time off for that (and I can only sleep on that air mattress 2 nights tops before my back punishes me for being so mean). He seems content with at least being able to go.

See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...