Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Mini Vay-Kay

The trip to Maine this weekend was lovely. We saw an extraordinary amount of pine trees, traveled about 800 miles total, saw numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins (1st, 2nd, 3rd, great-, once-removed, the works), went shopping at the outlet stores (oh, the treasures we found) and at a few antique stores,as well, went swimming, and sat around the kitchen table shooting the shit.

We had a great time staying at a rented cottage with my mom, my sister and her guy, his niece and nephew, C and C, and, of course, K. M brought up the game Racko to play; she had seen it in the store and said she had to get it for old times' sake. We used to play for hours whenever we went to The Camp as children. It was one of our Maine rituals. When Harry and I got to the cottage, I saw it on the table. M and I sat down and played a few rounds immediately. We ended with a tie. She won the first two, I won the next two. When I suggested one more round to break the tie, she declined, saying it wasn't fun anymore now that she had lost. Ah, just like old times. K was excited to learn how to play since M and I liked the game so much. She caught on quickly. I'll have to get it so we can have it here to play on Sundays.

Everyone seems to be doing well. My aunt that turned 80 this weekend is starting to lose her memory, which just plain sucks. I visited with my Aunt R and Uncle R, whom I haven't seen in at least 10 years (yes, Jess, Aunt R who made me the dice bracelet). They're on their way to Alaska right now. How cool is that? They've always traveled a lot.

We got home last night, happy to be here once again. And the house is oh-so-quiet since the gang upstairs isn't coming back to CT until Friday. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...