Thursday, December 1, 2005

10 Years Gone

High school is now 10 years behind us. 10 years. “10 YEARS!” (in my best Jeremy Piven voice, which isn’t all that good seeing as I’m a woman).

We’ve somewhat grown up and somewhat grown apart.

We used to meet at our diner 4, 5, sometimes 6 nights a week. Me and the guys, C, K, and T. Now I see them once or twice a year.

C is out there, living the single life, partying to his hearts’ content, all the while trying to find himself.

K is expecting his first child this coming Monday. I can’t believe he’s gonna be a daddy.

T just broke it off with his fiancée, which is unfortunate, to say the least. I still wish only good things for him.

M used to meet with us occasionally, but he’s since moved to NY. I get an email once in a blue moon.

K’s still here, working, working, and working. I see her more than anyone else.

J really left right after high school, first to Boston for college, then to LA for 5 years, and has now resided in San Fran for the passed year.

L is still here with me, living in middle suburbia, also newly married, trying to make ends meet. Domestic Goddesses both.

H I haven’t seen since graduation. I saw in the local paper that she’s getting married and now lives in Mass. I miss her.

K, who was the whitest African American I ever knew, found her roots her freshman year of college and started dating some guy named Tiger. I’m not sure where she is now.

B is most likely doing volunteer work in addition to her 60 hours a week job helping anyone and everyone. Maybe she even joined the Peace Corps. B is amazing. I hope to see her again sometime soon.

C got married and moved to Wisconsin but recently moved back to CT this passed summer. I’m hoping to bump into him sometime.

C is living in Ohio doing what he loves: acting. Go Arlo. Hope we can have a cup of coffee together again someday.

There are so many more, friends I haven’t seen or heard from since graduation day. How are they doing? I hear bits and pieces every once in a while. I wish we could all see each other again.

I read my niece’s journal, talking about her 7 best friends, and I hope that 10 years from now, she’s still got those 7 best friends. I hope they meet for lunch occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...