Tuesday, December 6, 2005

My Late Thanks Giving

The year is coming to an end once again. My dad was right; the older you get, the faster days go by. I think that’s the only thing my dad’s ever been right about. That and real estate is a good investment.

Anyway, I was thinking about all the good things in my life right now, all the things I have to be thankful for.

I’m thankful for yet another wonderful year of marriage. It just keeps getting better and better. I wish for all my friends to have a marriage as happy as mine.

I’m thankful for my crazy family. They keep me entertained and they keep my on my toes. You have to be a defensive driver with my kin. I’ve hit way too many potholes in the past.

I’m thankful for the friends I have. I don’t get to see them often (or in John’s case, we’ve never even met), but I know they’re there. They make me smile and give me the warm fuzzies on a daily basis.

I’m thankful for another year of work. After getting laid off the week of Christmas a few years back, I will always be thankful that I’m still employed around this time of year.

I’m thankful for paying off another year’s worth of car payments (and then some). It brings us one step closer to one day having a house of our own.

I’m thankful for having pretty much all of my Christmas shopping already done.

I’m thankful for chocolate and coffee. Oh, how I’m thankful.

I’m thankful for the ability to love. There are people out there that don’t know what it’s like; I’m glad I’m not one of them.

I’m thankful for being me. I like me. I think I’ll keep me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...