Saturday, April 7, 2007

We did it!

We paid off the Honda! We don't owe anybody anything! And we paid it off a year early!
Did I mention that I had it all planned out to be paid off next month, but we mysteriously received an extra $1000 from the IRS to help us pay it off now? Well, the mystery was solved yesterday. Seems when I filed I neglected to check off boxes to claim myself and Harry. Yeah, I only claimed the baby. The IRS was nice enough to find the error, correct it, and actually give us the money. And people say "The Man" is out to get you. Pshaw! I would like to send the IRS person who looked over my taxes a big thank you.
And yes, I've already kicked myself in the ass for making such a huge mistake. I've kick several times.
Next year, we're going to H&R Block. I've learned my lesson.
Next on the "to do" list, buy a new house. Yeah, that one's gonna take a while, but we'll get there. I won't live in the Bat Cave forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...