Monday, August 27, 2007

Bugging Out

We awoke this morning to the chirp… of a cricket! No, not outside the window but in our bathroom.

As the alarm went off this morning, I heard a high-pitched sound. I thought it was coming from the fan in our room. I was like, “Damn, the fan finally kicked the bucket. It was a good little fan. It served its purpose.”

Then 10 minutes later when Harry came to get me up for the day and turned the fan off, the noise got even louder. What the hell? He proclaimed, “There’s a cricket stuck in the ceiling of the bathroom.” You’ve got to be kidding me!

As I walked toward the bathroom, the sound amplified even more. Once I got in there, it bounced and echoed off the walls creating a nerve-racking racket. Damn cricket! We bumped every ceiling tile in the area of the sound, but out little friend just kept on rubbing those legs together.

A few minutes later, I kicked the baby’s tub on the floor getting ready for my shower, and voila! The noise stopped. Harry came running to the door. “Where is it?”

“Under the baby’s tub. Check!”

He picked up the tub. No cricket. Hmmmm.

We look around. Nothing. Nada.

Harry spies the scale next to the baby’s tub and decides to check under it. AHA! Hello little cricket. There you are!

And before I can find something to scoop him up with to bring him outside, Harry crushes him with his heel. Poor little cricket! You were loud, obnoxious, and annoying, sure, but I wouldn’t have crushed you. Sad.

Of course, once the noise stopped, the poor cat danced a jig. She must have been bugging out all night because of the noise. Who knows? Maybe the cricket was actually hiding under the scale from the cat. She is a formidable hunter when it comes to insects. She loves the chase.

RIP Jiminy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...