Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday is Funday!

We had a great day today. We all got up together and had a delicious waffle breakfast, and no, not Eggos; waffles made in a good ole waffle maker. Ellie absolutely loved them! She ate a whole waffle herself! I made another batch for her and Harry to have for breakfast during the week, too.

After playtime and naptime, we ventured out to the grocery store like we do every weekend. Ellie decided today would be greet-day at Stop and Shop. She waved to every person she could make eye contact with in the store today. She made everybody's day. She waved to a teenaged girl as we were going down an aisle, and when we saw the girl again, this time with her mom, we heard her say, "There's the baby. Look at how big her eyes are!", which is one of three things we always hear about our daughter, the other two being, "Look at all the hair she has" and "What a happy baby". I never tire of hearing that one:)

We got home, and Ellie feasted on a lunch of applesauce and an English muffin. She's becoming quite the Big-Girl now, and she's turning down the baby food to make way for Big-People food. We've been trying to accommodate this newfound Big-Girl attitude, and I've even gone so far as to buy a baby cookbook that our pediatrician recommended. Should be here sometime next week. Then I can wow my 10-month-old with my culinary skills, heh heh.

My mom and niece came by for a visit this afternoon, too, which always puts Ellie in "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!" mode. She's a little show-off. I love it.

After her second nap, she got to play with her new Pillow Person. Yes, they are making the Pillow People again. Pillow People were one of the toys both myself and my husband coveted as a child but never got. We were talking about them last month, saying we'd love to get one for Ellie. After searching the web, we only found used ones on Ebay. We passed on those. Then, voila! We find new ones at the store yesterday. We couldn't believe our luck. And only $13!

So we give her the Pillow Person (P.J. Sandman, for those of you wondering), and she smiles ear to ear. She loves stuff with faces on it. She then puts it on the floor and lays her head on it. Mind you, she's never had a pillow before, but she knows EXACTLY what to do with it. She must see the kids at daycare taking their naps, using their pillows. That's the only explanation I have for her knowing what a pillow is used for. Then she decides she wants to fall and flop on it. Over and over again. It's so cute! So, of course, like any good mommy, I get down on the floor and rest my head on her pillow, which makes her absolutely squeal with delight. She lays her head down next to mine and cuddles with me. Heaven, I tell you.

Then she becomes Ellie-Monster, which is a new game we decided to make up today. Basically she gets to crawl all over me while she roars. Gotta love it. We had to stop the game when she started pulling on my hair.

We then went on to bed-time, which isn't what it sounds like. About 15 minutes before the 3 B's (bath, bottle, bed), we've started taking Ellie into our room to roll around on our big, fat, king-sized bed. We get on there with her, blocking off the edges, and let her have a ball. So I'm curved around the side and foot of the bed, and Ellie's right there next to me. So I say to her, "Are you gonna get Mommy's pillow?" because I had put my head on hers before, and wouldn't you know it; she crawled right over to my pillow and put her head down. Surprised the hell out of me. She's learning SO quickly.

All in all, it was a very fun-filled day. I wish the weekend wasn't over. I could use an extra day with the Ellie-Monster; she always makes me laugh. My little comedienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...