Thursday, January 17, 2008

My cup runneth over

This is my new mantra.

I have a wealth of happiness nowadays. Even when I'm stressing, and the house is in ruins, and there's loads of laundry piled up, and the cat puked once again, I'm still happy.

When Harry and I met, we were still kind of trying to get over our last loves. We found comfort in the fact that we knew what the other was going through. It's a strange beginning to a relationship, but it worked for us. Along with having a lot in common, we understood where the other's head was at.

And slowly but surely, we both started to get over it. We helped each other on that road. A few months later, and we were both finally free from that hold those 2 people had over us.

Then we both lost our jobs. Harry's company (an aerospace parts manufacturer) closed down a month to the day after 9/11. My company laid me off 3 days before Christmas (talk about crappy timing). Together we struggled through this. We had each other's back. And in the meantime, we had oodles of hours in the day to spend with each other... the only upside to the whole thing.

We both got new jobs a few months later (the same job I'm at now), and moved on. Harry moved in with me about a year after we started dating. About 8 months after that, we got engaged.

About a year after our engagement we got married. We also got ourselves out of debt. We also bought 2 new cars. We had everything we needed to start our life, our family; most importantly, we had love.

After we finally conceived a child, it just got better and better. Ellie sealed the sweet deal with a big, fat, juicy baby-kiss.

And even though our living situation isn't ideal right now, my cup still runneth over. I'm so full of love and life, that I'm brimming with smiles. Sometimes my heart gets so full, that I feel like my body will flood if I don't cry that passion and joy out.

I have everything, everything, everything. How many people can claim that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...