Friday, February 22, 2008

More Snow

I woke up this morning, and out of the corner of my eye, I see pink light coming in through the window. Pink?

So I get a little closer and realize that it's the reflection of the sunrise off the SNOW!

I didn't think it was supposed to start until later this afternoon. I was obviously wrong.




This is what my backyard looks like right now. We're supposed to get 3-6 inches here on the coast. Lovely.

When I turned on the weather forecast, all they kept saying was, "If you take any day off this year, take this day off. If you don't need to be on the road today, don't."

So I decided it wouldn't be worth it to risk our lives today and called into work. Harry called a little later and told me he spun sideways on the way to the highway this morning in his 4-wheel-drive car and he saw 4 major accidents on the highway itself, 2 of which had cars landing on their roofs. Shit.

So Ellie and I will stay cozy and warm indoors today and wait for her daddy to get home safely later this afternoon.

Guess I DID get my one-more-day with Ellie after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...