Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm going to Richmond (And DC)!

Some friends and I decided that if Barack Obama got into office, we'd all get together for the inauguration weekend and celebrate. Well, he did, and so, we are!

My friend, Cristina, has graciously opened her house to us in Richmond, VA, so I'll be staying with her from Jan 16th-18th. It's a short trip, and I can't stay for the actual inauguration day, but I'm just so excited to be sharing what little time I have with people I've grown to love over the past year and a half. These women mean the world to me, and I finally get to meet a few more of them in person. Yay!

We'll be going into DC on Saturday to hopefully check out a few of the museums at The Smithsonian, some monuments, etc, and Cristina is trying to talk us into doing the Segway Tour. Me? On a Segway? I trip over my own feet while walking! We'll see. It is a great way to see all the major points of the city in a short period of time. Hmmmmm.

I'm taking the train down, which is WAY better than driving. Can you imagine driving from CT to VA on Friday during morning rush hour commuting in CT/NY/NJ and then hitting DC around 3pm? No thank you. I stop in at Penn Station on Friday for about 1.5 hours (What to do?), but my train ride back is straight through. I'll definitely be bringing an MP3 player along. I'd bring a book, too, but I can't read on a train (or a car or a plane for that matter). Sigh.

The biggest thing about this trip is that it will be my first time away from Ellie. It kinda scares the bejesus out of me, but I need to do this. Harry's gonna be with her the entire time, so at least I don't have to worry about what's going on with her. I missed out on the Vegas trip last year because I couldn't even fathom leaving her for just one evening. Now I'm testing the waters with TWO nights away. Yikes. Cristina has vowed to help me though it, though. I know I can do this.

I guess the only thing that sucks right now is that it's over 2 months away! It can't come fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...