Monday, November 3, 2008

Lots of Stuff

Tuesday

Teri called me at work to let me know that Ellie had thrown up right after lunch, so I took a 1/2 day, picked Ellie up, and took her home to rest. I had noticed she was getting 2 new molars the day before, and sure enough, they were making her suffer. She was achy and a bit feverish and just plain old tired. After getting some Motrin relief and a nap, she was a little better, nibbling on crackers and drinking some water. She went to bed a little early that night. Poor thing.

Wednesday

She woke up with a low-grade fever and was she ever cranky. I stayed home with her for the day, trying to survive the bouts of holy terror that took over my daughter at hour intervals. I hate 2-year-molars.

Thursday

Ellie woke up in a really good mood and with no fever. Hurray! I so didn't want her to miss the Halloween party at daycare. She had a great time chowing down on Smarties and playing "bite the donut", a game Teri made up for the kids. Instead of bobbing for apples, she ties a string around a donut, hangs it in front of each kid, and lets them try to bite pieces of the donut off. It's not sanitary, but the kids really enjoyed it. Ellie got the idea of the game right away (probably because it involved donuts) and did her fair share of biting.

Friday

Halloween! Teri took the kids to get their pictures taken in their costumes in the morning. I can't wait to see how they turned out. I got to go home an hour early and get ready for the night's festivities. I got all the candy ready, set up prep for dinner, got Ellie in her costume, and then took a bunch of pictures of Ellie and Niko once Kim and her gang arrived at our house. My mom showed up soon after, and then it finally got dark out. I went to the first few houses to see Ellie taking a crack at trick or treating, and she picked it right up! She was so excited, she was even running a little ahead of us to get to the next house. Our neighbor, Dave, gave her 2 full sized candy bars (Good God the sugar!), she got to see her friend, Danielle, at the next house (which sent both girls into screaming fits of joy), and our neighbor, Mary Anne, gave her a whole bag full of goodies... a doll, books, crayons, etc. We really do have a wonderful neighborhood.

On her way back to our house, she decided to hit Dave's again and got yet another full-sized candy bar. This time she picked it out; Harry said she looked into the bowl, spotted the peanut butter cups, and grabbed it and ran. LOL.

After Kim and the gang left, I made waffles with strawberries and creme for dinner, which was delish. By that time, Ellie was ready to crash, so we gave her a bath, put Dora on the tube, and gave her her last cup of milk before bed. After brushing her teeth and saying her prayers, she was out like a light.

Saturday

The big day! Ellie turns 2! She slept in till 7:30am (woo hoo), and both Harry and I went into to her room to wish her a good morning and a happy birthday. We'd been practicing the birthday song and teaching Ellie she was gonna be 2 for the past month now, so she was super excited that the day was finally here. We sang to her, got her dressed, and made breakfast. Then we let her open a few gifts, which she totally got into. She loves ripping wrapping paper.

We picked up last minute food items, the cake, and a ginormous Dora balloon which sent Ellie into gleeful fits of giggles. While she took her nap, we decorated the house with crepe paper and balloons, set up the table and plates and stuff, then waited for 3 o'clock when the fam would arrive.

All in all, it was a wonderful day, and we all enjoyed it. And there was only 1 incident the entire day. A first for my family. And naturally, it was me who was involved.

I don't like my dad's girlfriend. We're just not cut from the same cloth to put it bluntly. I don't get her at all. I can't think like her.

So when I had placed the cake with lit candles a certain distance away from Ellie, and the bitch tried to push the lit cake closer to my two year old, I couldn't help but shout, "yes because I WANT to set my kid on fire!" when she wouldn't stop. She let go of the cake quickly.

To make matters worse, my sister, Debby, doubled over laughing at my proclamation. We really embarassed the hell out of her. I felt bad after, but she just pushes my buttons when it comes to Ellie.

Anyway, Ellie made out like a bandit, and we have lots of new stuff for her to play with at the house. Now to find room for all of it.

She crashed hard that night. She was just exhausted from all the fun. I was gonna let her stay up till 8:30 so we could get her a little adjusted to the time change, but she wasn't having it. She was in bed by 8.

Sunday

So no one was more surprised than I was when she slept till 7:30am Sunday morning, which is 8:30am the old time. She's never slept that late before. Ever.

We had our usual playdate with Niko, and Ellie had fun pushing him around and chasing him all over the place as usual. Please don't let my kid grow up to be a bully!

After her nap, my cousin, Linda, and her husband, Al, came by for a visit. They were in from Maine for the day, and they wanted to see the new house. I always love seeing Linda, and I wished we lived closer to one another. I'd hang out with her all the time if we did.

At the end of the day, I checked to see how Ellie's molars were progressing, and I was surprised to feel that one of the lower ones are coming in now too. Holy crap... 3 molars at once. That's just not fair. I'm waiting to check tonight and find the 4th coming in, as well. I can't wait for this teething crap to be over. It must be so painful for her.

She was practically begging to go to bed by 7:30 last night, and she slept pretty soundly even with the teeth coming in. I've got quite a trooper.

I actually had to wake her up this morning at 7 (and I was worried about this time change?), and she was all cheery and excited about her party at daycare today. Yep, another party! I got pizza and cake for the kids to chow down on, some coloring pages for them to do, and some modeling clay for them to take home as favors (except the baby who gets a rattle). I can't wait to hear about her day when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...