Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jelly, jelly, jelly

Enough about food!

This past weekend, El and I had a girls' day out and ventured up to Mystic once again since we were completely rained on the last time we went. This trip, we hit the aquarium, which we haven't been to since El was about 9 months old. We had a great time together!

We started off with a packed picnic lunch. We found a nice quiet area on the outskirts of the shopping village to eat. They have benches all over the place, so we picked one and chowed down. Then we mosied on over to the aquarium for the sea lion show. Both of us loved it, though I'll admit I think I was enthralled just the tiniest bit more. I loved the sea lion show as a kid. It was super exciting because this time, the sea lions actually swam across their pool and came out of the door right near the audience! The big 900 pounder came out right in front of us. He's magnificent.

That's him on the far right. I got this picture from google images though. I didn't take any of my own b/c I'm the dumbass that forgot my camera, and I didn't think my phone would get a good shot.

After the show, we saw the beluga whales, checked out the penguins (so awesome - El loved them), some more sea lions, and some frogs and turtles. Then we headed inside to the indoor exhibits. We saw sea stars, sea horses, eels (ewww), tons of fish, Nemo, of course, sharks, rays, and an octopus, which some dumbass shot a photo of with her flash on (I was ready to pop her one).

We also spotted this beautiful turtle.


Some boys were getting their pictures taken in front of it, and they started making funny faces as the camera. Of course, Ellie had to follow suit once it was her turn.

And last, but not least, we saw the jellies. Oh, the jellies. Ellie followed me around the aquarium for most of the day, and then at home for the rest of the day, repeating the Spongebob Squarepants ditty, "Jelly, Jelly, Jelly". Spongebob, he loves his jelly fish. And so does Ellie.



After the aquarium, we headed over the village for a little shopping. Ellie got her fudge fix at Franklin's, and we got her a cute pirate t-shirt there. We headed on home around 4:30 to make dinner (farro salad and corn on the cob - ok, there's a little food in this post), watched a little tv, then called it a night.

It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...