Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another First

Ellie said her name for the first time this morning. Yay!

She's been working on it for weeks now, but she just couldn't get it out.

This morning, as we were making our way to the kitchen, she spotted some new framed pictures I had put on the counter to take with me to work. I gave her one, and I asked her, "Who's that?", and she's promplty responded with "That's Ellie!' or more precisely "Tha's Eh-yee!"

I couldn't believe she finally got it! I asked her again, "Who's that?" and again, "Tha's Eh-yee!"

How sweet is that?

So I sat her down in her highchair, and I stood the pic up in front of her on her tray while I got her milk ready. As I'm pouring the milk, I say again, "Who's that?" and she yells, "Eh-yee!"

I just talked to Harry, and Teri told him she's been saying it all day. That and "shoe". She loves the word "shoe". Even socks are shoes, according to Ellie. Pretty much anything you were on your feet are shoes.

So that's the news for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...