Friday, March 28, 2008

Happenings

I get some chill time with Ellie in the mornings, which I LOVE. It's getting harder and harder these days to drop her off at daycare and go to work. I just wanna stay home and hang out with her. She's that cool. Heh heh.

So, we're sitting on the sofa, "chatting" about Sesame Street, when Ellie decides to climb into my lap and watch TV sprawled out on me. Awwwwww. My heart just melted She usually climbs into my lap with a book for me to read, but this was the first time she just wanted to be held. Can you imagine how hard it was for me to leave the house this morning? I don't know how much longer I can hold out. Now that it's getting warmer outside, I crave spending the entire day with her. Don't be surprised if I come on here one day and announce that I'm following in Homey's shoes and trying on the SAHM pants.

*********************************************************************************************************

Ellie adores our cat, Luna. Luna, on the other hand, doesn't trust Ellie at all. She has yet to come to her or let her pet her (truth is, the only people she comes near are Harry and me; she runs away from everyone else).

Ellie is determined to get out cat to like her. Before she could talk, she'd make the little clicking noise and reach her arm out or pat the sofa to try to get the cat to come to her, imitating Mama and Daddy. No dice. Luna wouldn't budge.

She progressed to saying "Na" when trying to call the cat. Still, Luna wouldn't come.

She's now saying "Una", clicking, AND holding her hand out or patting the sofa, and do you know that that damned cat STILL won't come to her? I keep telling Ellie that Luna is a butthead; Harry said he's gonna be pissed at me if Ellie starts calling Luna that. LOL.

*********************************************************************************************************

In other news, I'm always super careful when I put Ellie in her car seat and shut the car door. I'm always watching out for her hands, making sure I don't hit her fingers with the door and possibly jam one. So today, I'll looking at her hand and neglect to notice that MY hand is in the way when I shut the door. I nicked my pinkie finger. OUCH.

At first, I didn't even thing I got it cuz it came right out of the door. I looked at the back first, and it looked fine. Then I turned it around and noticed a spot of blood under the middle of the nail. Great.

Then the pain came, and holy crap. It's still freaking sore over 5 hours later. At least it's not broken, but I'm really hoping I don't lose my nail. Even the thought of it skeeves me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...