Thursday, January 15, 2009

My first weekend away

Tomorrow is a milestone for me. It will mark the first night I will spend away from my daugther since she was born. It will mark my first time traveling alone since I met Harry. It will mark the day I finally get to meet some of my closest friends face to face.

I thought I would be completely freaking out right now. An entire weekend away from my little girl and my husband? Less than a year ago, it was unimaginable. The girls had tried to talk me into coming out to Vegas with them, but I couldn't even entertain the idea when they first brought it up. I remember just flat out telling Cristina, "I can't be away from Ellie overnight. I just can't."

And now, here I am, hopping on a train heading south tomorrow morning, EXCITED to be going. Not because I'm leaving Ellie and Harry behind. No, never that. I'm excited because I haven't had a girls' only vacation-type-thing since my last trip to L.A. back in 2001. 8 years! Holy crap. How have I survived?

Here's my chance to have tons of fun with some of the most amazing women I know. It's also a chance to get away from the stress I've been feeling concerning work; this trip couldn't have come at a better time.

I think I'm gonna be OK. I'm leaving tomorrow morning, and I'll be back late Sunday afternoon. Harry's going to be with Ellie, so no worries there. I plan on drinking copious amounts of alcohol, laughing myself silly, and possibly getting a new tattoo to mark the occasion. Yay!

To Cristina, Jess, Annita, Sara, and Helena... I'll see you soon! It makes me so happy to be able to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...