Tuesday, January 13, 2009

She called me "Mom"

And I'm not saying that in an "awww, she called me Mom!" kinda way.

My little girl, at the ripe old age of 2, has completely forgone calling me Mommy in favor of Mom. We never even GOT to Mommy. I've always been Mama. No matter how often I'd refer to myself as Mommy, she insisted on Mama. It sounded cute anyway, so I wholeheartedly accepted it.

Then last week, out of the blue, she started calling me Mom. She'd be walking down the hall, looking for me, yelling, "Mom! Mom! Are you there?" At first, I thought she was trying to be cute, most likely mimicking Stacy, Teri's daughter.

Now she's using it all the time. I'm not ready for this! Mom or Ma is supposed to be used by surly teenagers, accompanied by eye rolling and a head tilt. What's the deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...