Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I think I need stress/anger management courses... or a vast supply of sick days

Ellie and I had a great Saturday together, grocery shopping, playing outside, cuddling while watching a movie, the works. I love days like that. Top it all off with my mom cooking us a fantastic fried chicken strip dinner (I will NEVER be able to fry chicken like my mom) and a chick flick (Mamma Mia) for me and said mom, and the day was as perfect as you can get.

So I have no idea why I was so grumpy on Sunday. It might be the lack of sleep I've gotten since DST began finally catching up with me. I can hardly get out of bed in the morning for the last week and a half. This morning I even got up, showered, then went BACK to sleep for 15 minutes... in my towel. This time change thing really sucks.

Whatever the reason, I was in a piss poor mood pretty much the entire day. It doesn't help when Harry notices I'm not in a good mood and continually asks me what's wrong. A simple "nothing" or "I don't know" doesn't appease him. He needs to know why I'm in a bad mood. So he asks over and over again. In the past, I know I've snapped something like, "Aren't I allowed to be in a bad mood once in a while?" I managed to not say that this passed Sunday.

I got to the point where I thought maybe making someone else happy would alleviate my mood, so I told Harry he could go out and get the ginormous flat panel TV he wanted. You best believe he raced out the door. 6 hours later and we were watching a nature show on a 42" LCD screen suspended on a new flat panel TV stand. I must admit it's rather nice.



Monday morning, I dragged myself out of bed yet again. Ellie was in a pretty good mood, so that helped me a little. I dropped her off at daycare and went to work. A couple hours in, I was just so tired I decided I'd take a 1/2 day and just go home and rest.

And that was really all I needed.

I needed a day to myself. To do whatever I wanted. To relax and veg. To not have to answer to anyone. To make myself something good to eat. To enjoy the peace and quiet of my neighborhood. To hang out with my cat. To just be.

Unfortunately, I don't have an endless supply of sick days.

This rambling, random nonsense was brought to you by Alicia-is-definitely-a-bit-sleep-deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...