Friday, March 20, 2009

People in glass houses

For the past few weeks, I've been all pissy about a friend that kinda just falls off the face of the earth on occasion, then comes back and pretends like absolutely nothing happened. I take it personally and constantly question what it was that I did wrong to make that friend suddenly go away.

Then I realized that *I* do the same fucking thing. Frequently.

I don't intentionally set out to alienate a certain friend or anything, but there are days, weeks that I kind of just turn off. It's like I need to regenerate and go on sabbatical into the land of "I'm not in the mood to talk". It happens, the days or weeks pass by in a flash, and I don't really think much of it. I also don't think anyone else notices.

But maybe I have friends as crazy and neurotic as me, and they DO notice. Maybe they question what they've done to make me suddenly *poof* disappear. Maybe they wonder where the stick up my ass came from.

Or maybe no one notices. And maybe that's because it's normal to take a break every once in a while. And I'm just crazy and neurotic, taking everything personally.

I think I need to realize that everyone else's life does not revolve around mine, and friends are not here for my entertainment alone. They actually have other stuff to do, other friends to see, other places to be.

I think I'm what you'd call self-absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...