Monday, March 30, 2009

So. Very. Tired.

I'm not a morning person. Yes, I have to get up at 6am every work day, but I wake up grumpy and tired. I need a long, hot shower, at least 1 cup of coffee, and to be completely dressed and ready by 7am in order to feel even remotely human. I only got 2 out of 3 of those things this morning, and it has made me a slug.

Harry regrouted all the tile in the tub area of our bathroom yesterday. He worked extremely hard doing it, and he did a fantastic job. I was seriously overwelmed by the amount of work I knew it was going to take, and I thought for sure he wouldn't be able to complete in one day's time. He managed to at least get the new grout on after a long day scraping and cutting the old grout. 50 year old grout. What a bitch!

There were a few loose tiles he knew he was going to have to re-adhere before he could really do anything else, and he was worried that all the water damage done to the tub area because of glass doors the previous owners had put in had seeped all the way to the drywall behind the tile. And dammit if he wasn't right.

He dried out what was left of our disintegrating wall before re-adhering the tile. We're hoping that will hold for a little while because we really don't have the money to demo and redo the bathroom right now. We were planning on doing it in a couple of years, and the look of the wall behind the tile solidifies those plans. We NEED to completely gut our bathroom and sooner rather than later. There's $5-6K gone. Lovely.

Anyway, the grout needed time to dry, and that meant no shower for me in the AM. Blech. I'm extremely cranky without my shower. I feel all fuzzy-headed without it. Wah.

At least the shower will be usable tonight/tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...