Tuesday, June 23, 2009

By Popular Demand... Pizza Meat Loaf Muffins

I got this out of a magazine last year (I can't for the life of me remember which one). It's so freakin' good.

Pizza Meat Loaf Muffins

Heat oven to 375*F. Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
With your hands, mix 1.5 lbs of ground turkey or lean ground beef, 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I use panko), 1/2 cup pizza sauce and 2 eggs (I used 2 egg whites) in a bowl. Pack into cups. Bake 25 minutes until cooked through. Top with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and a little dried oregano. Bake 2 minutes until cheese melts. Serves 4.

Besides the notes in parenthesis, I only used 1.25 lbs of ground turkey because that's what comes in a package here. I also split it into 12 cups on the muffin tin, so I cooked it a few minutes less. 2 of these is about 5 pts. on WW. Not too shabby. I paired it with some 80 cal Betty Crocker instant buttery mashed potatoes (yum, processed), and green beans. The mashed potatoes are an extra point and the green beans are a freebie.

Harry ate 5 muffins, 2 servings of potatoes, and he wouldn't touch the green beans. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...