Thursday, June 18, 2009

Home today

For those who haven't read my facebook status this morning, I'm home with a sick little girl. She woke up a little after midnight, feverish and puking. I heard her over the monitor and just said, "uh oh." Yeah, I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.

I opened her door, and she just cried out, "Mommy, a mess!" I turned on the small light on her dresser, and saw (and smelled) the puke right away. I went to go comfort her because she was really upset, and as I picked her up, I felt the heat coming off of her. I had noticed she felt a tiny bit warm when I put her back into bed around 10 (yep, she was sleeping on the floor), but I was hoping it was just because she was wearing feetie PJs and had bundled herself up in her comforter. Nuh uh. Poor girl was sick.

We cleaned her up and stripped her bed quickly, I gave her a little water to drink then some Motrin to bring the fever down. I took her temp and yep... 101.7. Damn. She lay in bed with us for about an hour, not being able to fall asleep. I got up, put fresh linens on her bed, and brought her back into her room. Luckily, she didn't protest. She fell asleep soon after.

The next morning, we both slept in a little late, and when I finally went into her room to get her, I found her on the floor again. What is it with the floor!? She was still a little warm but not nearly as warm as she was last night. I made various calls to work and Teri to let everyone know that we were staying home today, and I plopped Ellie down on the sofa with a pillow and blanket and some Backyardigans. She was a happy girl.

She's been in a great mood all day today, and if it wasn't for the fever, you'd never know she was sick. She's been eating like a horse too, which is a bit unlike her. Hey, I'll take it. She normally eats like a bird.

Harry's going to stay home with her tomorrow, you know, give her quiet time to recuperate without the loudness of daycare. And personally, I don't like to send Ellie there sick, contagious or not. It's a personal rule I have.

She's napping right now, getting the rest she needs. Hopefully the fever will go away soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...