Friday, June 12, 2009

Reaching Goals!

I hit a few goals this week on my weight loss endeavor, so I'm super stoked. First, I lost 2.4 lbs for the week, making my total weight loss for the 5 weeks I've been on WW 11 lbs. Yes, 11 lbs! I'm still having a hard time believing it. It's absolutely wonderful. So I made it to my first goal... to lose 10 lbs. Baby steps, my friends, baby steps.

The second goal I hit this week was to lose 5% of my total body weight. I surpassed that goal this week, which makes me giddy. Losing just 5% can help your general overall health immensely, so it's a really good goal with which to start.

I set my next goal at 12 lbs, simply adding 1 lb to what I've already lost. Once I hit that, I'll set the next at 13. All small steps that will hopefully lead to a much healthier lifestyle (and the ability to buy some really nice clothes - I'm a woman... give me a break).

The third goal that I reached was going down an entire jean size. I get to retire a few pairs of jeans I'm happy to banish to basement storage, and I've pulled out a few old pairs that fit (and are even a bit loose too!). Once I lose the next 12 lbs, I think I'll actually have to go out and get new jeans all together. Finally something I don't mind spending money on. Woo hoo!

All the walking I've been doing has been paying off, not to mention the changes I've made in my eating habits. All of it combined has really paid off so far, and I'm thrilled about that. Even more so, I'm so happy and proud of myself for the willpower, the stamina, and the drive I've shown over the last few weeks. To be honest, I've really surprised myself. Food is my weakness, especially baked goods. I LOVE to bake, and I LOVE to eat all the stuff I bake. For the time being, I haven't been touching any cake or cookies. I'm a baked goods binger, so staying away from them is just easier for now than trying to control the amount I eat.

Of course, I have to make a shload of cookies over the next few weeks for my sister's bridal shower. Needless to say those suckers are going directly into the freezer downstairs once they've cooled. I don't want them within sight or reach. This will be a true test for me, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...