Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ocean City, MD!

We got back from our lovely trip to Ocean City last week, and I have to say, it was one of the best vacations we've ever taken. I don't think I've ever relaxed so much on a vacation in my life. AND it was also a lot of fun vacationing with other people we knew. We kept running into people in the halls of the hotel, down by the pool, etc all weekend. It was neat! Yes, I said neat.

A few picture highlights from the weekend for your viewing pleasure:

This first shot is a rare shot of my little girl. I normally don't post pics of her on here, but because you can't really see her face, I decided it was OK. So here she is with Daddy playing in the sand on the beach directly in front of our hotel.



Next is a shot of yours truly in my kickass Calvin Klein LBD (little black dress for those of you not of the female persuasion). I'll go ahead and say it; I'm hot. I still cannot believe how flattering and wonderful this dress is. I want to wear it every day.



Next is the groom and his best man. Oh yeah, for those who forgot, we were going down to Ocean City for an old friend's wedding. The tall dude on the right is that friend. Tom and I went to high school together, and we've been friends for a long, long time. The best man is also an old school friend (like junior high!), the stud-man (his last name is Studley), Kevin. And yes, your eyes are not decieving you. They're wearing brown suits, not black.



Next is the bride walking down the aisle with her dad and stepdad. I've only known Stacey for a couple of years or so, but I dig her. She and Tom work. They compliment each other very well.



And the kiss!



And they're married. His face is kinda priceless in this picture.



Last is a wonderful pic either Kevin or his wife was kind enough to snap of Harry and me dancing to our wedding song (Somewhere Over the Rainbow by IZ) during the reception. It was a nice surprise to suddenly hear it playing, and Harry, who DOES NOT DANCE asked if I'd like to take a spin on the dancefloor. It made my night.


We've already decided that we'll be going back to both Ocean City and the hotel we were staying at next year. That's how much we liked it. We may even go down with the same friends if they're game; we talked about it briefly while we were there. Kevin has a son less than a year older than Ellie, and the two kids (hell, even his little one) had a great time together. It was/is a win-win situation for all.

We had another nice long weekend this past weekend as well for the holidays, and it ended up being fantastic as well. We entertained on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and aside from our dryer dying on us and scrambling to get a new one yesterday (fun!), it was a weekend for the books. I want more of them! We're entertaining yet again tomorrow night, so it looks like I'm getting my wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...