Monday, January 3, 2011

Healthy Competition

I am competitive by nature. That makes me annoying as hell.

Harry and I consumed massive quantities of food the past 2 weeks, and our jeans are telling the story. Dude, are they tight!

I was lucky enough to have lost a few pounds right before the holidays so the ones I ended up gaining brought me back to my baseline. Harry, not so much. Heh heh.

Yesterday, he decided it was time to start working out again. We have a Total Gym along with a bench and free weights downstairs in the basement that's only seen action from dust in the past year. I personally don't use either because the Total Gym is clunky (and my effin' hair got caught in it the first time I used it!) and I'd rather do free weights standing.

While sitting at dinner last night, I got a liiiiggghtbuuulb! I turned to him and asked, "How about a little competition?" and smiled. So we're doing it. Starting now until February 28th (when my WW's 3-months expires), the battle is on. The most percentage of weight loss in the next 8 weeks (we're Biggest Loser fans). Let's do this!

Truth be told, there's a bit of selfishness involved here. Doing Weight Watchers while my husband has been eating whatever the hell he wants has been difficult. I did it, but having that extra bit of help is just the push I need. And, honestly, I need Harry to get a little healthier. I'm not knocking him, but I want him around for a long time, ya know?

Ellie was bummed when she heard us talking about it and insisted she wanted to be a part of the contest. She said she wants to win a surprise! So her name is on the sheet up on the fridge. Good God please don't let that girl lose any weight! She's a peanut as it is.

The winner doesn't get anything physical. Simple bragging rights will suffice. Heh heh.

I am so gonna win this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...