Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Life is Good and Other Things



Jess at Ramblings of an Emotional Idiot (catchy title, no?) has bestowed upon me yet another blogger award. Come to find out my blog is the absolute first blog Jess started following (collective Awwwww!). I think that's pretty neat-o. Yes, I still say neat-o. I also still say stoked, which is what I am in regards to receiving said award. I'm also a dork.

So without further ado, what the award entails: I have to 1) thank Jess (Holla!), 2) answer some questions about moi (twist my arm, if I must talk about myself, I must), and 3) pass it on!

Q1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously so that you could be anonymous now? I started out un-anonymous (is that a word?) and still am. I've actually tried writing a blog incognito, and it just doesn't work for me. It feels fake, like I'm making the story up. And I suck at writing fiction. Making up names for real people just isn't my bag.

Q2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side. My entire life shows my inner stubborn side. To pick one incident though... hmmm... I give up. Nothing is coming to mind.

Q3. What do you really see when you look at yourself in the mirror? Most days I still can't believe it's me. The mirror no longer disgusts me. I'm pretty content with my body and my look. The only reason I maintain that I still need to lose 15 lbs is for the sake of my health, not the way I look.

Q4. What is your favorite summer cold drink? If we're talking non-alcoholic, iced coffee hands-down. I drink it by the bucketfuls. Otherwise, Jack and Diet Cola with a twist of lime is my favorite year-round cold drink. Vodka and Diet Root Beer is a very close second.

Q5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do? Usually read or sit quietly at a coffee shop. I occasionally like to go clothes shopping too. It's become something fun for me now that I can fit into things.

Q6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? You know, honestly, I like where my life is. I don't really need anything more. I don't need to write a book or get a degree. I like to constantly learn, but I don't necessarily need more school for that.

Q7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching? Yeah, I was the overachiever. Annoyingly so.

Q8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see? The first time I held Ellie. There was no turning back. She utterly and amazingly changed my world in that one little, quiet moment just past midnight. And I will be forever in her debt for it.

Q9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events? I write about myself more than anything else. I know myself pretty well, and I'm not ashamed of who I am.

Q10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why? Anyone that knows me knows the answer to this. I DETEST talking on the phone. Like loathe it with the intensity of a thousand suns. And I lurve books.

And now to pass the torch:

1. My girl, Christina, at Chrissi's World
2. Uh-cuh-cuh (she hates me right now) at Leave Your Conscience at the Tone
3. Helpin' out Jess at Mommy Musings with some blog fodder to keep hers going
4. Jenni at My So Cal Life (awesome blog name!)
5. Anne Marie at Stay At Home Mommy Daze

and

6. Tip at Ghostspace Echoes, my newest blogger friend who shares my affinity for Ani Difranco, Neil Gaiman, and Clerks.

***

And speaking of Tip, he wrote a really interesting blog post the other day regarding eno. I said I'd give his little challenge to come up with 5 of our own cards a swing. So here are my 5:

1. What would you have done at the age of 22? Do the opposite.
2. Stop. Collaborate. Listen.
3. When you feel the need to yell, just breathe.
4. Visualize the outcome. Make it happen.
5. Accept your fuck-up because you still accomplished something while doing it.

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...