Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Living Years

Today marks 2 things: My Nana's birthday (she would have been 88) and Ellie's Pre-K graduation.

I am an emotional roller coaster today. Loss, life, growing, years going by... it's all jumbled up in my head right now.

The day is strange for me. I miss Nana. A chapter in Ellie's life is closing. Another one is starting. And there is a strange connection between Ellie and the Nana she did not get to meet. Like the song says, "I think I caught [her] spirit later that same year/ I'm sure I heard [her] echo in my baby's newborn tears." I catch a glimpse of my grandmother in Ellie on occasion. The first time it happened, I was a bit freaked. Now I just marvel at how my little girl carries so much of my Nana in her heart.

1977: Nana holding me for the first time

2011: Look, Nana, I'm all grown up.

2006: A mini-me is born.

2011: My crazy little faerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...