Monday, September 26, 2005

Getting into trouble

I remember the first time I got into trouble at school. It was first grade, Mrs. Oliver's class. We were supposed to be doing our Phonics, and, for some reason, I decided to do my work on the back of a notice we were supposed to bring home to our parents. We were NOT supposed to write on these notices. When Mrs. Oliver asked me what I was doing, I freaked out and shoved the notice to the back of my desk cubbyhole. She asked me to bring up what I was writing on, so I fished around in my desk for something else that had writing on it. I found my guesses for the heights of 3 fellow students (it was a contest we were having) and brought it up to her. She told me I was supposed to be working on Phonics, ripped up my guesses, and told me I would not be allowed to participate in the contest. I was so ashamed.

In second grade, we had a subsitute one day. While playing 7-Up, I got into trouble for pointing at my friend, Krissy, pretending I had picked her. The substitute yelled at me in front of everyone. She later took my ruler away from me when I playfully snapped it while Krissy was walking by my desk. I had to ask my teacher, Mrs. Dorman, for my ruler back the next day and explain why it had been taken.

In third grade, we had a stack of index cards with our vocabulary words written on them to study from in our desks. When it was time to study, I went to get my vocabulary cards out of my cubbyhole, but they weren't where I left them. I started pulling books out to see if they had somehow slipped behind them or something. They weren't there. I quietly started to cry because I had lost them. Eventually I found them later on in the day. They must have gotten stuck in a book or binder or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...