Friday, September 21, 2007

In the now

So everyone's been reminiscing today about past loves, myself joining in the conversation here and there. It was nice to know that I am definitely not alone in that category. We all seem to have a story.

But I've realized that I am done with the past. I've gotten my closure. It feels good. I feel healthy.

So instead I'd like to talk about the now.

My husband, Harry.

I love this man with every inch of my being. He is amazing in so many ways, and he makes every day of my life better than the one before. He's my best friend, my confidante, my partner in crime. He's the one person (besides Ellie, of course) I WANT to see every day. He's my couch potato bud, my walking mate, my shop-til-you-drop helper.

And he cooks, cleans, vacuums, and does laundry, too.

He makes the most delicious pepperoni bread I've ever tasted, and he'll run out to Dairy Queen for me whenever I get a craving. He's a hard worker and takes pride in what he does. He's handy with a hammer and can landscape like nobody's business.

And he's a fantastic lay. Heh heh.

I don't know what I'd do without this man. I don't know what I did to DESERVE this man.

Friend, husband, lover, father... he's good at it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...