Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Me and the girls

My friend, Jess, came back to CT this weekend for a wedding... and some coffee talk. We've known each other for 20 years now; THAT blows my mind. How did 20 years go by that quickly? Weren't we just playing Barbies at her house and taking walks to the local WaWa's to feast on Nerds and FijiFruits? Weren't we just at Saturday catechism class, racing home to watch Dr. Fad? Weren't we swooning over the 2 Corey's and listening to Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet?" (Ok, I still listen to that, but now find the 2 Coreys extremely lame).

Lea was also with us for coffee talk. I've known Lea even longer, possibly 25 years. I can't exactly remember the first time we met. Maybe kindergarten? Yeah, that long. Crazy. She's still living here in CT, and I get to see her maybe once every 2 months now that I've had Ellie. Before I got pregnant, we made it a point to get together every month. We talk about work, our marriage, taxes, a new bar or restaurant we've been to, you name it. She's my hometown girl:)

Here we are, me and my girls:


Me and Jess


Lea and Jess


Lea and Me

Who knows when we'll all get together again? I cherish these times, knowing that they come along so seldom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...