Saturday, September 29, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up

Ellie and I spent Saturday morning together, doing what girls do best... shopping! We went to the grocery store super early (around 8 am) because we found NOBODY is really there except other mommy's with small babies. We like that just fine. We had almost the whole place to ourselves. The only con... no baggers. Eh, I'm pretty quick at it, and Ellie got a kick out of watching me work.

After her morning snooze, we headed on over to the shoe store to get my girl a new pair of kicks. She JUST started wearing shoes this week since the weather turned (of course, it turned again this weekend; it was hot and humid - icky!) I decided to go to Payless because they do actually make some decent kids shoes (I used to work there eons ago, so I know these things:) With their new Airwalks and Champions lines, I knew I'd find something. I was actually hoping to get her walking shoes, but, alas, the girl there said they hadn't been sent any in months (we checked the other Payless in town today and they had them; man, are those shoes fugly!) I ended up finding a pair of Champion sneakers with thin, flexible soles. The shoes are made out of leather, they have velcro straps, AND they're wide-width (poor baby inherited Mommy's Flintstone feet, unfortunately). The price tag said $14.99; I can handle that. So we get to the register, and... woo-hoo! They ring up for $4! I love a bargain.

When Harry got home, we ventured out to this little toy store that specializes in toys made locally. We picked up some great wooden toys guaranteed non-toxic (very old school) and a Lambchop puppet. Yes, Lambchop! "This is the song that never ends" Lambchop. Ellie loves puppets, and I just had to get it for her.

We went to one of the Halloween stores, too, looking for the Wonder Woman costume we want to get for Ellie that's been on backorder. No deal. Sadness.

Last night, after Ellie went to bed, I decided to do a little online investigation, hoping I'd find the WW costume somewhere else. And I DID! We should have it in 6-10 days. Now I just have to make a costume for myself. I'm a big kid like that; I love Halloween. I dress up just to give out candy. The kids in the neighborhood get a real kick out of it.

Today, we did a Home Depot run, and we hit the other Payless in town, like I mentioned. I got Ellie another pair of sneaks for $5. So we should be good for a few months unless she has a massive growth spurt.

We finally got around to putting all of our video tapes of Ellie onto DVDs today, too. I've been watching all evening, getting all teary-eyed. I popped one in for Ellie, and that girl was completely glued to the TV. She was thrilled and amazed. She was laughing at herself whenever TV Ellie stared into the camera, and she clapped for TV Ellie when she did something clever. So freakin' cute.

We ended the evening with some comfort food... Salisbury steak, mashed baby red potatoes, and peas. Mmmmm. It came out delic, if I do say so myself. Harry talked me into making meatloaf next weekend (yuck - I hate meatloaf!) What have I gotten myself into?

That's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...