Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Never knew there'd be days like this

I love being a working mom. I really do. I love the "me" time I get at the office. I sit in my cube in the corner, tucked away from the rest of the world, listening to music, sipping my coffee, jamming away at my workload contentedly, and occasionally popping into MM for my daily fix of stimulating conversation. There are days when it is my salvation.

And then there are days like today when I miss Ellie so much it hurts. Days like today when I stare at her picture on my wall instead of my computer screen. I get a lump in my throat and a pain in my chest from wanting her with me right here, right now.

I never knew these little people we create could really tug on our heartstrings like this.

This was what my life was missing. And to think there was a time when I didn't want to have children.

Just a few hours more, and I'll be home with her again. The weekend can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...