Wednesday, October 3, 2007

8 so far

Colds, that is. Yes, I've had 8 colds this year, as has Ellie. It's that new mommy/daycare thing. I managed to skip one of hers in May, and, knock on wood, she's been lucky enough to miss the one I've got right now. A new little girl at daycare brought a cold with her the first day, and it somehow jumped right through Ellie and sneezed itself all over me. Ugh. Better me than Ellie, though.

My immune system is shot this year. I was a 2-colds-a-year kid and a 1-cold-a-year adult. I'm always around sick people at the office, and I don't catch everything there. With Ellie, it's a different story, most likely because she likes to stick her fingers in my mouth and luckily for me, my coworkers are kind enough not to do that. You know, proper work etiquette and all.

So far, I've been sick about 70 days of the 275 days of this year so far. What gives? Is this really normal? I'm wondering if my low iron count has anything to do with it.

Ugh, I say. Double ugh. Make it go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...