Tuesday, December 1, 2009

OMG she's finally posting!

Yeah, I suck. Sue me. There's just not enough time in the day lately. And I'm lazy.

Thanksgiving ended up being a rather wonderful affair. Surprised the hell out of me. We had a nice, traditional get-together at my mom's for the day. Both of my sisters and their families, as well as my MIL, were there. We had a lot of fun, laughed, conversed, and ate a lot of delicious food. There wasn't one argument, and Ellie was at the top of her game, charming everyone left and right. She didn't even get a nap, and she managed to be on her very best behavior.

Friday was low-key. I did my black Friday shopping from the comfort of my own home and managed to pretty much finish Ellie's Christmas shopping. I purchased every single gift for my little girl from a computer. I didn't have to push or shove or punch one person to get her the stuff she wanted. LOL.

I also ordered Harry a Wii, so he's happy as a clam. And I ordered an electric fireplace with mantle for our family room since we don't have a real fireplace. It's pretty spiffy (well, it looks spiffy in the picture), and it'll make the room even more cosy and homey.

We also put the tree up, and it looks awesome if I do say so myself.

We also put the lights up on the house ("we" as in "Harry") and set up a couple of those blow-up decorations our neighbor gave us last year. We're now the proud owners of an 8-foot tall Santa and and 8-foot tall polar bear in a blue sweater. Ellie freakin' loves them and often goes to the window to look at the decorations (kid can say decorations correctly but not shirt [she says shirk]... go figure.)

We've also managed to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas about a gazillion times, as well as Frosty the Snowman, Elf, and The Santa Clause. Christmas Vacation is next. I'm a sucker for Christmas movies.

And of course, the biggest news... I got my tattoo! It's amazing, and I can't wait to expand it. I did a 5-hour sitting, and it was well worth it. Vinny Lattanzi from Paradise Tattoo kicks ass and is now officially my tattoo artist of choice.





Other than that, the countdown to my Florida trip has begun. Only 18 more days! I get to see Annita right off the plane, so I'm super excited about that. And Rebecca and I are making plans to meet up, too. Yay! I even did a little summer clothes shopping in anticipation of the trip. And woo hoo! Everything was on clearance since only the insane would wear capris in December in CT. Heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...