Wednesday, January 13, 2010

If at first you don't succeed, try try again

Yeah, I was a wuss. Notice I didn't mentione the 30-day Shred again after that first post? That's because day 1 totally kicked my ass. I was sore for 4 days after day 1. Like had-no-use-of-my-arms sore. It was bad. No amount of ibuprofen helped. I cursed Jillian on that day and vowed never to touch that DVD again.

So naturally I broke that vow and picked the DVD back up. I started a new day 1 this morning, and I've got to admit, it was a tiny bit easier. I think that was due to 3 things: I used lighter weights (3-lb instead of 5), I ate and drank a little something both right before and right after, and I knew not to try to be so intense in the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I still got the shakes a bit about 5 minutes after I was done, but I'm feeling pretty good right now. And Harry suggested I take an Aleve to help with possible (probable) soreness later on this even and tomorrow. Good advice.

I decided to give it another shot because a few friends started doing the Shred this month too. Mimi is already on day 8, Jessica is on day 3, and Rebecca and her hubby started last night as well (and while Paul is sore this morning [as he should be], Rebecca is completely fine and already ready to move onto the next level because she's all fit and stuff). Having people to go insane with is always more fun. It's also good motivation and inspiration for this girl.

***

In other news, Harry got his 2009 review at work a couple of days ago. I have to say that I am so freaking proud of him. He's very good at his job, and he takes a lot of pride in what he does (he's a printer at a large medical supplies company for those of you who don't know). The review was stellar, the best he's gotten yet, and his boss has made it clear that he's extremely valuable. And his raise reflects that. AND the boss put him in for a promotion, too. Keep all your fingers and toes crossed for that one. I'm really hoping it comes through.

***

And last, I leave you with an Ellie-ism to tickle your funny bone...

Upon awaking with the sniffles a couple of days ago:

"Mommy, my nose is all stuck up."

"Do you mean stuffed up?"

"No, Mommy, stuck up! Stuck up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...