Monday, January 4, 2010

The Perfunctory New Year's Post... a few days late

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm late for everything nowadays. It used to be a pet peeve, believe it or not. I hated being late. I chalk it up to loosening up a little. Heh heh.

I haven't made any concrete resolutions really, but I did start to think about what I might like to change during this next year. Is that the same thing? I'm not really sure.

I'd like to be less angry. I'd like to be less judgemental and opinionated. I'd like to be more laid back. I suppose I'd like to be more punctual too (I was only 2 minutes late to work today - it's a start!). I'd like to be less critical of my husband and realize that he does not and will not think like me, no matter how much I may want him to do so. That's a biggie. Harry gets shit from me a lot simply because I fail to understand that he doesn't see things the way I see them.

I'd also like more time for myself. I've done pretty well in this category the past year. I don't need a lot more me-time than I'm already getting now; I think I really just want to make sure I continue what I'm already doing. It's good to realize that I'm important.

I want to find balance. I think that's the key. Sometimes I want too much. I realize that.

I want to continue having the wonderful relationship I've developed with my daughter. There ain't nothin' better than being with her. No, really, there's not. She may drive me to drink on occasion, but she's the coolest little chickie I've ever met.

I also want to continue spending time with the couples we've become better friends with this past year. It's been good for us. We're way more social this year than we have been in a long time. Both of us are enjoying entertaining. It's good stuff, I tell ya.

And lastly, because Harry has mentioned it, I want to sign up for some couples' dance classes I've been dying to try. Suddenly Harry's interested. I need to find one for us to go to before he changes his mind:)

So that's my "list"! Happy New Year, everyone! May it be filled with wonder and surprise (the good kind).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...