Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lookie what I got



That's right, I've been nominated as a beautiful blogger even though I completely suck and haven't written a post in weeks. Work seems to zap my creative juices (and my time).

The good news is this award has given me something to write about. Hurray.

So first, ze rulez:

1. thank the person who nominated me for this award
2. copy the award & place it on my blog
3. link to the person who nominated me for this award
4. share 7 interesting things about myself
5. nominate 7 other beautiful bloggers

the grumbles at Grumbles and Grunts nominated me. I want to send her a big, wet smooch for doing so. That's the way I normally thank people. What, you don't?

Jamie is a new bloggy-goodness find for me. Besides being a kickass photographer and a secret interior designer (check out what she did to her bedroom), she's also the mommy to 5-month-old Jude, one of the stinkin' cutest, little baby boys I've ever seen. Oh, and did I mention she's totally hot? Yeah, I like eye candy. Shoot me.

Now for 7 interesting facts about me:

1. When I was little, I desperately wanted to be Little Orphan Annie because I thought it was so cool to live you life constantly breaking into song and dance.

2. Even though I was the older sibling, my little sister was the one who stuck up for me when I got bullied. And she usually beat up the bully for me. The bully was usually twice as big as she was, but she was never scared of getting hurt.

3. When I was 3, my dad nearly cut part of his hand off with an electric knife. I witnessed the immediate aftermath, right before he was whisked away to the hospital. Later that night, my cousin, Kenny, showed up at our house to let my mom know how my dad was doing. I thought he had shown up because my dad died, and he was going to take his place. I cried because Kenny scared the hell out of me.

4. I saw Santa putting presents under our tree when I was 3. No, really, I did.

5. I do not like Motown or 50s rock. People think I am insane.

6. I LOVE watching stuff like Ghost Hunters and reading about hauntings, but I am terrified of ghosts. Terrified.

7. My first celebrity crush was Burt Ward. Yep, really.

Lastly, I nominate:

Becs at Girl Power. I get enjoyment reading about other people's families. Call me crazy. And her girls are too cute.

Kristin for her food blog Jonesin For Food. Kristin is an awesome blogger. She has a few blogs. I especially like this one because she posts some really amazing recipes. Who doesn't love food?

Erin at Memoirs of a Phat Chick. Erin is a real-life-friend and almost-relative in a roundabout way. She is a seriously good writer. 'Nuff said.

Stephanie at Mom 911's Blog. I actually became friends with Steph's mom, Linda, first through a parenting online community. I then "met" Stephanie a year or so later right before the website closed down. Then we friended each other on facebook. Then we started following each other's blogs. Then we started emailing. And then, THEN we started playing Scrabble. And it was on. Stephanie and I have SO much in common it's a little scary. She's like a skinny blonde version of me.

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me. Kristin is an old friend. And by old, I don't mean senior citizen or anything. Kristin and I have known each other for 20 years. I can't believe I can say that about anyone. Maybe we are getting a little along in years. Ugh. Anyway, Kristin, or KP as I will forever call her even though those are no longer her initials, is a wonderful artist/crafter, one of the funniest people I know, and the mother to 2 sweet little girls I had the privilege to meet one summer when the family was visiting CT. I'm so bummed she lives so far away (TX!), but I love being able to chat her up on occasion. She's good people.

Anne Marie at Stay At Home Mommy Daze. I've written about Anne Marie before, but her awesomeness bares repeating. We met through Emmaus, a religious retreat, and we became fast friends. We finally got to see each other again after all these years back in December, and it was a nice, little reunion at our local dive. She's been blogging for a few months now and doing a damn fine job, I must say.

Tara at Tarable. My fellow tattooed-mommy. Tara is cooler than me, and she now also has one-up on me in the kid department because she's knocked up once again against all odds. Read her. Her sarcasm and wit is superior.

That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...