Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Ellie's One-Year Checkup

So the doc says Ellie is doing very well. She weighs in at 21.5 lbs (60th %ile) and measures 30.5 in (80th %ile). She's gained almost 2 lbs and grown over 2 inches since August. Amazing.

She's right on target where motor skills are concerned, and above average in the cognitive area. She understands most everything said to her, even to a degree where she can respond and act, if need be. Example: 2 nights ago, she was playing with her socks and decided to hide one of them, unbeknownst to me. About 1/2 an hour later, I was cleaning up and only had the one sock. So I playfully asked Ellie, "Where's your other sock?" Not only did she remember she took it and hid it, but she remembered WHERE she hid it and proceeded to go get it and hand it to me. I was speechless.

She's talking and singing and dancing, which the doc was also impressed with. As she's shakin' it and singing for the doc, the doc says, "You must have listened to a lot of music while she was in-utero." Yes, yes I did. Music is important to me, so I wanted to get a head start with the babe. Looks like it worked.

She got her second polio shot (I believe we're done with that one now), the chicken pox vaccination, and her first of 2 flu shots (our office likes to break up the vax into 2, one month apart). She got through it like a trooper. She didn't even cry for the first one. That's my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...