Wednesday, November 21, 2007

We got it all done.

You read that right. We got ALL our Christmas shopping done yesterday.

Jealous?

Heh heh.

Now I can breathe a sigh of relief.

We managed to get some really nice stuff for everyone, even with the $1000 we just had to fork over for new tires for BOTH our cars and oil changes and such. Yeah, $1000 I hadn't budgeted for this month. Merry Christmas.

That money was supposed to go into our savings. I hate when stuff like that happens. I'm trying to build up enough savings for 10% down on a house. That $1000 would have really helped.

Not much I can do now. And I won't let it ruin the holidays. Stuff happens; you deal with it. Period.

So Christmas gifts. We got my mom a really nice painting for her house down in Florida. We got my dad this awesome zippered cardigan from LL Bean. I love this thing; I want it for myself. We got Harry's mom a cool pair of blue leather mocassin slippers. That's all she ever wants for the holidays. Hopefully these'll last a year. We got my youngest niece an Evanescence CD and the first season of Monk on DVD (she loves the show). We got two of my older sister's daughters new MP3 players, and we got my oldest niece a Tori Amos autobiography and a kickin' red fleece hoodie (which I want, too).

Harry's getting a new trailer hitch for both Christmas and his birthday, which is on New Year's Eve. He needs it for his dumb boat:) I also got him a rod holder for same dumb boat. That'll be from Ellie.

As for Little Miss Ellie, we got her a beautiful nap mat from HomeSlice's store, a xylophone, MegaBloks in a wagon, some clothes, a snowsuit, and the biggie... a kitchen center. There's one at daycare, and she loves it. She could open and close the cupboards on that thing all day. LOL.

So that's pretty much it. We don't do sister gifts, but I am giving them each a digital copy of our favorite Christmas record from when we were kids. They'll be thrilled. I'll give it to them sooner rather than later so they can listen to it the whole month of December.

I feel so free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...