Friday, November 23, 2007

A very nice holiday

Yesterday was fantastic. Quiet, cozy, and stress-free. I think I could get used to this.

There were no family arguments, no telling Dad or my sister to stop swearing in front of the baby or forcing them to smoke outside after several protest by them, none of the crap my mom pulls, nothing. It was bliss.

I started cooking around 1pm and finished about 3:45pm. Not to bad. And it wasn't constant, either. I got to relax quite a bit yesterday afternoon. And everything came out perfect.

AND my MIL was actually tolerable yesterday. She was having one of her very good days. It was actually NICE having her there. She was interacting with Ellie all afternoon, and she wasn't doing her usual, "you're wrong" thing (according to my MIL, everyone is wrong about everything).

Harry said it was the best Thanksgiving he's ever had. I'm thinking along the same lines. I think we might be doing this from now on. Either that, or we'll start vacationing during this week. That would be nice, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...