Monday, November 5, 2007

What’s new with Ellie?

Well, she celebrated her first Halloween for starters. She went as Wonder Woman. Yeah, she rocks.

And she turned 1 last Thursday. Holy crap! A whole year gone by. Crazy.

I threw her a big birthday breakfast bash Thursday morning at daycare. The kids had a great time. We noshed on bagels with cream cheese, doughnuts, homemade pumpkin bread, fruit salad, hot chocolate, and homemade banana cupcakes. It was a blast.

We had her family party on Saturday during a freakin’ hurricane warning. She had a fantastic time. She loved all the attention. And she didn’t even get scared of my dad like she normally does. She was all smiles.

She did well with the time change, too. We’d been preparing her a couple weeks prior, slowly moving her bed time a little later each day. In turn, she started waking up later. She’s good to go now. And I don’t have to get up at 5am like I was dreading.

She’s also not only completely transitioned to milk but to sippy cups as well. She said goodbye to the bottle for good this weekend. All these changes, and she just rolls with it. I love it.

She’s fighting off yet another cold. This kid is gonna have a kick-ass immune system when she gets older.

She’s going to her one-year exam tomorrow. She’s gotta get some shots – NOT happy about that. Never happy about that. I think after that we’re good until 18 months. We’re both sick of the docs office, no offense to the actual wonderful doctors there. They’ve been terrific.

That wraps up this week. I’m sure I’ll have lots more to write about in the coming ones.

Note: Semd me an email if you'd like to see some new pics of my girl. I'm not posting them for public viewing anymore, but I'd be happy to share with friends:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...