Monday, November 26, 2007

It's all about Ellie

So we had a very nice long weekend, complete with a trip to see Santa yesterday.

Ellie actually liked Santa. Go figure. I was waiting for the wailing, and instead, we were pleasantly surprised with a smile from our little one. We got a great shot, too. It's on my profile (friends only, sorry).

She did a couple of really cute things this weekend, too, amidst the temper tantrums. Yeah, temper tantrums from a 1 year old. She's starting early. Luckily, they only last a minute or two.

The first cute thing happened at the grocery store on Saturday. We were walking up an aisle when we heard one of the courtesy phones ring. I looked over at Ellie to see her picking up an imaginary phone, bring it up to her ear, and go, "Yeah... [pause]... yeah... [pause]... yeah". She does this at home with her phone, mimicking Mommy while she's on the phone. This was the first time she completely "pretended" to be talking. It was just so cute.

Cute thing #2 happened last night. She was talking VERY loudly, so I put my finger up to my mouth and said, "Shhhhh". She mimicked this with the loudest "Shhhhh" ever. And she laughed the entire time she did it. She had me cracking up and rolling on the floor with that one. I asked Teri if she does it at daycare, and she told me she (Teri) does it to the dog but that Ellie hasn't mimicked it. So it's a new thing.

Other than that, I just really enjoyed being with my girl these last 4 days. She's just so much fun to be around.

We've also learned that she tries to get away with a lot more when the both of us are there. It's just something about both Mommy and Daddy being there that brings out the lil' devil in my child. Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...