Sunday, November 4, 2007

We survived the hurricane!

It wasn't even that bad. We've had worse thunderstorms here in CT. A tiny bit of rain and some wind ain't gonna slow us down. We've had winters with 108 inches of snow!

The party was great, and Ellie's got a TON of clothes. My mom did it again and bought not one but TWO dresses for Christmas. I know I should appreciate it, but she's gone out and bought the outfits for EVERY SINGLE DRESS-UP HOLIDAY since Ellie was born. When do WE get to pick these cute items out, ya know? One of them's going back cuz it looks like a freakin' Christmas present. No thank you. My girl doesn't do frilly. She doesn't dig crinoline.

She was in such a good mood all day, and she loved all the attention. Everyone was so loud; I thought she was gonna freak. She just rolled with it.

Harry's working all weekend, a new thing for us. He gets double time today. That should be some good Christmas cash.

We ordered the gifts for the nieces last night, so that's out of the way. I want to get all the shopping done before Thanksgiving. I'm actually starting late this year. Last year, we started back in May!

Ellie did well with the time change early this morning. I did prep her by moving her bed time later and later the passed couple of weeks. I think it actually worked, knock on wood. If her coughing hadn't woken her up this morning, I'm sure she would have slept even later. One of the kids at daycare started preschool in September and has proceeded to not only get sick over and over again but give Ellie every single illness he's caught to boot. That's where the cold in Sept. and the pink eye in Oct. came from. I think I heard his mom say he might have broncitis now. GREEEEEAAAAAAT. We're going to the docs on Tuesday for Ellie's one-year-check-up, so the doc can take a listen to her lungs to make sure she's OK. I don't hear any fluid myself, so that's a good sign.

We're gonna hit the stores this morning; me and my girl love to shop. Talk to everyone later:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...