Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sugar

It may be the culprit.

A few months ago, I cut sugar out of my coffee.

People noticed a difference in me. Not the way I looked but the way I acted. I was more calm and in more control. I wasn't stressed or frantic.

I didn't notice that the change in my personality coincided with the lack of sugar in my diet.

A few weeks ago, I decided to put a little sugar back onto my coffee. This was probably due to the fact that I started drinking it hot again (I drink cold coffee 3/4 of the year, and it's sweeter than hot coffee for some reason).

Do you see where I'm going?

After the heart to heart Sunday night, I had an epiphany.

Maybe it's the sugar.

Sure enough, it's been 3 days without the sugar, and I haven't snapped once. Not once.

My stress levels are way low again, and I can finally relax. The stress/pain in my back has even started to dissipate again.

Who would have thought 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar in my morning coffee would make me insane?

I just googled it, and sure enough, sugar DOES cause anger problems.

So I think the mystery is solved. No more sugar for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...